UAN Activation: UAN (Universal Account Number) is issued by EPFO (Employee Provident Fund Organisation) to each employee that is contributing to PF (Provident Fun). After receiving your UAN the first thing you must have to do is UAN Activation on Unified Member Portal.
In case you don’t have your UAN then ask your employer. If your employer does not provide you with the UAN then you can find your PF – Provident Fund Number on your salary slip. If PF Number is mission on salary slip then please contact the Human Resource Person for it. Once you get your Provident Fund Number (PF No) then you can click here to Check Your UAN Status. If you already completed your UAN activation then click here for UAN Login on Unified Member Portal. Please follow the following steps for UAN Activation (Universal Account Number).
Steps for UAN Activation
- Open link : https://unifiedportal.epfindia.gov.in/
- Click on the link -> UAN Member e-Sewa ( located in the top right panel of window – as displayed in the picture).
- It will redirect you to the URL: https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/In the top right there is a form for UAN Login and exactly below the form there are Important Links.
- Click on link -> Activate UAN ( under Important Links )
- In the Activate Your UAN Form Fill the mandatory fields e.g UAN, Name, Date of Birth, Mobile No and Captcha. After filling all the fields click on the button “Get Authorisation Pin”. You will receive an authorisation Pin on your Mobile Number in below given format.
“EPFO SMS Service Dear Member, Your OTP pin corresponding to OTP id XXXX is XXXX. Please use this pin to activate your UAN”
- Mark Check on “I Agree” Checkbox.
- Enter the OTP received on your mobile phone in Enter OTP text box.
- Click on button “Validate OTP and Activate UAN”.
- You will receive a text message on your Mobile Number with your login password after UAN Activation.
SMS Based UAN Activation
EPFO India is offering SMS Based UAN Activation for those members who may not have easy access to computers or who are not very familiar with smartphones. It enables UAN Activation for members just by sending a simple text message.
For SMS Based UAN Activation the Member has to send EPFOHO ACT,<<12 digit UAN number>>,<<22 digit Member ID>> from his mobile at 7738299899. For example if UAN 101003301912 and Member ID HRKNL14901710000000201 is to be activated then SMS will be
Please note that there is no space before and after comma in SMS content. Once activated, the member becomes eligible to enjoy all facilities offered by Universal Account Number such as credit alerts, Download EPF Passbook, Online Claim etc.
On successful uan activation you will get your login id (i.e your universal account number) and password. keep your login details secret and do not share it with anyone. It allows user to access, check and withdraw from your PF account without any interference from your employer. You can click here to know how to change your UAN Login Password.